Interest on your savings
Enjoy base interest of 0.05% p.a. on your account balance.
The only account that earns miles on your savings
Earn up to 6 bonus KrisFlyer miles when you spend and save.
Enjoy competitive exchange rates with KrisFlyer UOB Mighty FX
Link your KrisFlyer UOB Account with Mighty FX and enjoy competitive exchange rates.
Exclusive privileges with your complimentary KrisFlyer UOB Debit Card
S$10 off Grab rides to/from the airport
Valid for Grab rides to/from Singapore Changi Airport with promo code KFUOB. Valid on all Grab rides except GrabShuttle and GrabHitch. Limited to one redemption per half yearly per Cardmember.
Exclusive privileges on Scoot
Enjoy a range of complimentary perks like priority check-in and boarding, additional baggage allowance, standard seat selection and Booking Flexibility Waiver. Click here for more details.
- Example 1
- Example 2
- Example 3
- Example 4
|Example 1||Example 2||Example 3||Example 4|
|Monthly Card Spend^||$200||$400||$1,000||$2,500|
|Monthly Average Balance^||$15,000||$15,000||$100,000||$350,000|
|5% MAB cap on Bonus KrisFlyer miles||$15,000 x 5% = 750 miles||$15,000 x 5% = 750 miles||$100,000 x 5% = 5,000 miles||$350,000 x 5% = 17,500 miles|
|Base KrisFlyer miles||$200 x 0.4 = 80||$400 x 0.4 = 160||$1,000 x 0.4 = 400||$2,500 x 0.4 = 1,000|
|Bonus KrisFlyer miles||$200 x 6 = 1,200
(cap at 750 miles)
|$400 x 5 = 2,000
(cap at 750 miles)
|$1,000 x 6 = 6,000
(cap at 5,000 miles)
|$2,500 x 5 = 12,500
(cap at 17,500 miles)
|Total KrisFlyer miles||80 + 750 = 830 miles||160 + 750 = 910 miles||400 + 5,000 = 5,400 miles||1,000 + 12,500 = 13,500 miles|
|Effective Miles earn rate||4.15 miles||2.28 miles||5.4 miles||5.4 miles|
|Monthly Card Spend^|
|Monthly Average Balance^|
|5% MAB cap on Bonus KrisFlyer miles|
|Base KrisFlyer miles|
|Bonus KrisFlyer miles|
|Total KrisFlyer miles|
|Effective Miles earn rate|
Stand to win up to S$1,880 when you save with UOB this Lunar New Year
Get to a roaring good start with up to S$188 sure-win hongbao when you deposit fresh funds into an eligible UOB savings account.
Things you should know
Eligibility and fees
Minimum Age18 years old and above
Fall-below FeeS$2 per month (for below S$1,000 balance)
Early Account Closure FeeS$30
Within 6 months from opening
Cheque BookS$10 per cheque book (50 leaves)
Issued upon request
KrisFlyer UOB Debit Card Annual FeeS$53.50 (inclusive of GST)
The annual fee for the first year will be waived.
Actions or documents required
You can open an account online, get approval within minutes and start transacting instantly (where applicable).
You have an account with us or are an existing principal credit cardholder (For Singaporeans, PRs and Foreigners):
You can now apply using existing bank details or via MyInfo, where forms are prefilled with no submission of documents needed. You will require:
- UOB Internet Banking or UOB Mighty Login; or
- Card no. and Pin; or
- SingPass Login
You are new to UOB (For Singaporeans and PRs)
You can now apply via MyInfo, where forms are prefilled with no submission of documents needed. You will require:
- SingPass Login
You are new to UOB (For Foreigners)
Proceed to any UOB Branch for application. You will require:
- Proof of Residential Address
- Employment Pass/S Pass/Dependent Pass
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
1) I do not have an existing KrisFlyer membership, what should I do?
We will assign and create a KrisFlyer membership account number for you. All you need to do is to provide your First Name and Last Name for your KrisFlyer membership account.
2) How are miles awarded?
KrisFlyer UOB Debit and Credit Cards
- Base KrisFlyer miles earned will be credited to your KrisFlyer membership account directly every month.
- Base KrisFlyer miles will be credited with first 7 working days of each month, for the miles earned in the preceding month.
Eligible UOB Credit Cards (UOB PRVI Miles Card, UOB Privilege Banking Card, UOB Visa Infinite Card, UOB Reserve Card):
- Cardmembers will earn miles in the form of UNI$ which will be credited to your UOB card account.
- Cardmembers may choose to convert into KrisFlyer miles. Click here for more information.
- Please refer to the respective credit cards pages for more information.
KrisFlyer UOB Account:
- Bonus KrisFlyer miles earned will be capped at 5% of the Monthly Average Balance in KrisFlyer UOB Account.
- Bonus KrisFlyer miles earned will be credited to your KrisFlyer membership account directly every month.
- Bonus KrisFlyer miles will be credited with first 7 working days of each month, for the miles earned in the preceding month.
- Please refer to full terms and conditions for details.
3) How do I compute my monthly average balance (MAB)?
MAB is the summation of each day-end balance in KrisFlyer UOB Account for each month divided by the number of calendar days for that month.
The following illustrates the calculation of the Monthly Average Balance (MAB).
- Each Day End Account Balance
|Date||Each Day End Account Balance|
|1 – 15 April 2019 (15 days)||S$100,000|
|16 – 30 April 2019 (15 days)||S$200,000|
|Sum of day-end Account Balances in April 2019||(S$100,000 x 15 days) + (S$200,000 x 15 days) = S$4,500,000|
|No. of calendar days in April 2019||30|
|Monthly Average Balance of April 2019||S$4,500,000 / 30 days = S$150,000|
For more FAQs, refer to the full list here.
Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors and monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the Supplementary Retirement Scheme are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$75,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the CPF Investment Scheme and CPF Retirement Sum Scheme are aggregated and separately insured up to S$75,000 for each depositor per Scheme member. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.
Please refer to UOB Insured Deposit Register for a list of UOB accounts/products that are covered under the Scheme.
Bundle up for even more benefits
KrisFlyer UOB Account with KrisFlyer UOB Credit Card
Unlock more miles with everyday spend and more.
- Collect 1.2 base miles for every S$1 spent
- Get up to 3 miles for every S$1 spent on dining, transport and more with lowered min. S$300 annual spend on KrisShop and other Singapore Airlines Group spend
- Plus, 3 miles for every S$1 spent on Singapore Airlines, Scoot and KrisShop purchases
- First-time applicants of the KrisFlyer UOB Credit Card get 3,000 Welcome Miles
- Terms and conditions apply.
KrisFlyer UOB Account with MightyFX
- 24/7 access to 10 major foreign currencies at competitive rates
- Convert anytime on your phone and use your KrisFlyer UOB Debit Card to pay for overseas purchases to skip admin fees
- Enjoy a low flat-fee of S$5 or foreign currency equivalent when you withdraw cash at any overseas Mastercard-enabled ATMs
Make banking simpler with these services
Get deeper insight into your travel expenses
Leave the hassle to us! We’ll send you a summary of purchases and withdrawals made during your travels.
Withdraw cash via your phone
With Contactless Cash Withdrawals, you can now travel light and withdraw cash with a quick tap on your phone.
Make payments simpler
Register for PayNow with your mobile number to send and receive money instantly. Use Scan to Pay at more than 25,000 merchant outlets, including hawkers and shops.
Enjoy the deals you love with UOB Rewards+
Enjoy over 1,000 deals, cashback and rewards across over 20,000 locations islandwide with Singapore's biggest rewards programme.
Here’s something else you may like
UOB One Account with UOB One Card
The easier way to earn up to 2.5% interest a year when you spend on an eligible credit card and credit your salary or make 3 GIRO debit transactions monthly. Score cashback of up to 10% when you use the UOB One Credit Card.
UOB Stash Account
Accumulate even more savings with up to 1% interest (equivalent to S$575) a year when you maintain or increase your Monthly Average Balance.
UOB Lady's Savings Account
The first-in-market savings account that offers complimentary female cancer coverage of up to S$200,000 based on your savings. In addition, enjoy exclusive medical, dental and wellness benefits as an account holder.