Why sign up for a UOB Share Financing Account?
Ramp up your investment power
UOB Share Financing creates the opportunity to boost your purchasing power of stocks and shares. To obtain financing for further investments and harness greater potential returns, you can pledge stocks, shares and/or cash as collateral. To give you greater trading flexibility, we also accept a wide range of marginable stocks and shares quoted on the Singapore Exchange Limited.
With cash as collateral, UOB Share Financing can increase your investment power by up to 2.85 times. With stocks and shares as collateral, your investment power can be increased up to 1.85 times. When your pledged stocks or shares appreciate in value, more funds will be made available to you.
The above table is only an illustration.
Enjoy a standby line for your other financing needs
- Pledge your fully-paid stocks and shares as collateral and enjoy a standby line for your other financing needs. UOB Share Financing provides you the financial flexibility of
cash on standby whenever you need it, helping you better manage your cash flow.
Shares pledged to UOBCredit facility
(Based on 65% financing)
$100,000 worth of fully paid shares
- Pledge your fully-paid stocks and shares as collateral and enjoy a standby line for your other financing needs. UOB Share Financing provides you the financial flexibility of cash on standby whenever you need it, helping you better manage your cash flow.
Experience greater convenience and flexibility
- You’ll have the flexibility to trade through any stockbroker of your choice. And to make it more convenient, we can even handle all trade settlements on your behalf.
Service by dedicated Share Financing Officers
- We have dedicated and experienced Share Financing Officers to take care of your share financing needs. They are just a phone call away to attend to all your enquiries on your UOB Share Financing Account.
Easy tracking of share portfolio
- You’ll receive comprehensive monthly statements on your UOB Share Financing Account with details of securities held and transactions done. Alternatively, you can view your shares portfolio and trading activities via UOB Personal Internet Banking.
- To find out more about opening a UOB Share Financing Account, call our Share Financing Officers at 6598 6905/6598 6906/ 6598 6907. Alternatively, click here to provide your contact information and we will be in touch with you shortly or call our customer service hotline at 1800 222 2121 (24 hours).
An investment in securities is subject to investment risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. The availability of this product is subject to the depositing of margins in the form of acceptable collateral or instrument(s), whether by cash or such securities/instruments permissible under the existing regulations. Before entering into any transactions using your margin facility, you should consult your own adviser(s) with regards to legal, regulatory, tax, financial and accounting matters to the extent that you consider it necessary, and make your own investment decision(s) including any decision regarding the suitability of this margin facility based on your own judgement and advice from those adviser(s) you consider necessary.
UOB shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising as a result of any person acting or refraining from acting in reliance on any information contained herein.
This document is published for information and general circulation only and does not have regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person.
United Overseas Bank Limited Co. Reg. No. 193500026Z