UOB Junior Savers Account
- Attractive interest rates
- Complimentary UOB ATM Card with NETS and PLUS facilities
- 24/7 access to your Junior Savers Account through UOB Personal Internet Banking and 24-hour phone banking service
- The UOB Junior Savers Account can be converted to a regular statement-based savings account when the child reaches 16 years old at any UOB Group branch.
Peace of mind with FREE insurance coverage* - up to 100% of your deposit balance
- To qualify, you must maintain an average daily balance** of S$3,000 per month over the past six months or since the account is opened, whichever period is shorter
- The Portfolio Insurance cover is paid as a percentage of the average daily balance** in the Junior Savers Account at the point of parent's (ie, Insured) death or total permanent disability
- The insurance covers the insured till age 65 or upon the child reaching 17 years old, whichever comes first
Deposits Balance Tiers (based on average daily balance)** Coverage Amount S$3,000 - S$9,999.99 50% S$10,000 - S$49,999.99 70% S$50,000 & above 100%
Hassle-free monthly funds transfers to your child's Junior Savers Account from your account with UOB or with other financial institutions
- To enjoy this service, please complete the Application for Deposits Transfer (Inter-bank GIRO Collection) Arrangement and mail it back to us
Fees & Requirements
- A S$2 minimum balance fee will be charged if your average daily balance for the month falls below S$500
- For a list of fees applicable, please click here
- Must be opened as a joint account with the parent / legal guardian
- Your child must be 16 years old or below
- Minimum initial deposit of S$500
- Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents and Foreigners are eligible
- Please bring your identity card / proof of citizenship (if applicable) and your childâ€™s original birth certificate to any UOB Group Branch.
- Your child need not be present during account opening
Receive an S$8 cash credit on the same working day for every S$1,000* deposited into your childâ€™s UOB Junior Savers Account at any Sunday Banking branch.
This promotion is valid from 19 February to 19 March 2017 (Sundays only).
Our opening hours are 12pm to 4pm on Sundays at :
Ang Mo Kio
Serangoon Central (NEX)
Terms and conditions
Deposit Insurance Scheme: Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors and monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the Supplementary Retirement Scheme are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$50,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the CPF Investment Scheme and CPF Minimum Sum Scheme are aggregated and separately insured up to S$50,000 for each depositor per Scheme member. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.
Book an appointment online for express account opening#
|Visit any UOB/FEB branch 1800 222 2121|
|# At selected branches only.
Purchase an insurance policy to protect yourself or your child and receive up to S$800 worth of CapitaVouchers*.
*Terms & Conditions Apply.
To find out more, speak to a UOB Personal Banker today.