Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit
Earn potentially better returns with our Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit. With a wide range of foreign currencies to choose from, you can reap gains from attractive interest rates and currency appreciation.
You’ll enjoy :
- Higher interest rates
- Flexible tenors ranging from 1 week to 12 months
- One of the lowest minimum deposit requirements in Singapore
- Convenient modes of making and withdrawing deposits – by cash, cheque or telegraphic transfer
- Convenient automatic renewal of fixed deposit upon maturity
- The option to use foreign currency fixed deposit as collateral for an overdraft in foreign currencies, loan or other credit facilities with the UOB Group
- The privileges of a UOB Credit Card when you pledge your fixed deposit
Fees & Requirements
What are the requirements?
- You must be at least 15 years old
- An introducer is required if a non-resident individual wishes to open an account
- Minimum placement amount. Please refer to the table below.
Currency Tenor (1,2, 3, 6 and 12 months) US Dollar USD 5,000 Australian Dollar AUD 5,000 British Pound GBP 5,000 Canadian Dollar CAD 5,000 Euro EUR 5,000 New Zealand Dollar NZD 5,000 Swiss Franc CHF 5,000 Japanese Yen JPY 500,000 Hong Kong Dollar HKD 200,000
(Shorter tenors available for higher amounts)
How much does it cost?
- You do not have to pay any fees to maintain the account
- For non-resident individuals, interest earned is also exempt from tax and estate duty