In UOB, our currency-linked investment is known as MaxiYield. MaxiYield is a dual currency-linked investment that gives you the potential to enhance your yield, based on your outlook of the movements between two major currencies of your choice.
At a Glance
MaxiYield is a Dual Currency Investment. It offers:
- Yields that are potentially higher^ than traditional fixed deposits.
- An opportunity to potentially capitalise on foreign exchange movements.
- The freedom to choose to pair your currencies from a wide range of currencies to suit your needs:
*Australian Dollar, British Pound, Canadian Dollar, Euro, Japanese Yen, New Zealand Dollar, Singapore Dollar, Swiss Franc, US Dollar
Is UOB MaxiYield for You?
UOB MaxiYield may be an investment for you if:
- You are indifferent to holding either currency;
- You would like to earn potentially higher interest^ than traditional fixed deposits and have the opportunity to receive your money back in the same currency;
- You foresee the exchange rate between the two currencies you have chosen to be stable and would like to earn a potentially higher interest^ than traditional fixed deposits.
How it works (Illustration)1
|Step 1||Place your principal in a base currency of your choice. Choose from a wide range of currencies*.||USD 100,000|
|Step 2||Choose the second currency as your alternate currency.||Australian Dollar|
|Step 3||Decide the tenure of your investment. The minimum tenor is 1 week.||1 month (30 days)|
|Step 4||Select the preferred exchange rate between the base currency and alternate currency as a pre-agreed exchange rate.||0.9950 (i.e. AUD1 is worth USD0.9950)|
|Step 5||Accept the Enhanced Yield2 for this investment.||11% p.a.|
Scenario A (Profit): If AUD/USD rate is above 0.9950
Prevailing Exchange Rate on Expiration Date 1.0010
(i.e. AUD1 is worth USD1.0010)
Amount Received upon Maturity USD100,000 + (USD100,000 x 11% x 30/360)
Scenario B (Loss): If AUD/USD rate is below 0.9950
Prevailing Exchange Rate on Expiration Date 0.9800
(i.e. AUD1 is worth USD0.9800)
Amount Received on Maturity [USD100,000 + (USD100,000 x 11% x 30/360)]/0.9950 = AUD101,423.79 Loss3 USD100,000 – (AUD101,423.79 x 0.9800)
- Only a minimum investment of SGD50,000 is required for MaxiYield.
For more information please speak to your Privilege Banking Client Advisor or call the Privilege Banking hotline at 1800 222 9889.