We have implemented additional monitoring and security measures in light of recent industry reports on personal identity thefts, scams and fraudulent activities on credit cards.
While we have various measures to keep your data secure, we would like to remind you to stay vigilant.
- UOB does not send unsolicited SMS or emails asking customers to click on a link and to enter their personal or account details into a website. If a customer does receive an unsolicited email or SMS which appears to be from UOB, or if they are in doubt, they should call us first before taking any further action.
- Do not click on any hyperlinks or provide your UOB card details, userID, PIN or One-Time Passwords and any sensitive information to unverified channels such as websites, emails, survey or callers etc.
- Check that you are on a legitimate or secure website. A secure website will have 'https:' at the start of the URL instead of ‘http’. It will also display a closed padlock or unbroken key icon on your browser window. When you click on the icon, a window should also appear to let you know that the website is secure.
- To access UOB's website, the safest way is to open your browser and type "https://www.uobgroup.com/" in your browser’s address bar.
- Always check your UOB credit card and bank account statements for any unauthorised transactions.
- Contact us at 1800 222 2121 immediately to report any suspicious activities or transactions involving your UOB accounts.