Q1. How can I apply for UOB CashPlus?
You can apply for UOB CashPlus in any of the following ways:
- Complete an application form online here
- Visit any UOB Group Branch
- Call us 24-hour, toll-free at 1800 222 2121
Q2. What are the requirements?
You must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident of age 21 years and above with minimum income of S$30,000 p.a.
Q3. What are the documents required?
For salaried employees:
- A photocopy of your NRIC (front and back); and
- Latest computerised payslip; or
- Last six months' CPF Statements* (printout must indicate your name and NRIC, and the name of the company making the contributions; or
- Latest two years' Income Tax Notice of Assessment^
For self employed applicants:
- A photocopy of your NRIC (front and back); and
- Latest two years’ Income Tax Notice of Assessment^
^You can now print your Notices of Assessment at myTax Portal with your SingPass or IRAS PIN. This service is free. Log on to www.mytax.iras.gov.sg for more details.
*You may submit your CPF Statements via www.uobgroup.com/submitcpfstmt.jsp (you will need your SingPass to gain access)
Q4. How much credit will be granted?
A credit line of up to S$200,000 cash or 4 times your monthly income, whichever is lower, will be granted upon approval of application.
Q5. How do I access my credit line?
Simply access cash via UOB Personal Internet banking, UOB branches, ATMs, UOB CashPlus chequebook, or UOB CashPlus Visa Card.
Credit balances in your UOB CashPlus account will be drawn down first before your credit line is utilised. And upon payment to your UOB CashPlus account, your credit line will be reinstated.
Q6. How do I keep track of my usage?
Your UOB CashPlus monthly statement of account will be generated every month to reflect all transactions or charges for that month. You may also login to UOB Personal Internet Banking at www.uob.com.sg for a record of your latest transactions and balance.
Q7. How may I obtain a permanent increase in my credit limit?
Click here for details.
Q8. How does the UOB ATM Card or UOB CashPlus Visa Card work?
Your UOB ATM Card / UOB CashPlus Visa Card is linked to your UOB CashPlus account. You can withdraw cash at local ATMs and at over 877,000 ATMs worldwide.
Q9. How much cash can I withdraw at the ATMs?
In Singapore, the daily withdrawal limit at the ATM is S$3,000. Outside Singapore, the daily limit is the same in local currency or the withdrawal limit of the ATM used, whichever is lower.
Q10. Are there any charges for cash withdrawal using my UOB ATM Card or UOB CashPlus Visa Card?
Cash withdrawal is absolutely free at all local UOB ATMs. For locally shared ATMs, the first two transactions of the month are free. Subsequent withdrawals are charged at S$0.30 each.
Cash withdrawals from UOB ATMs in Malaysia carry a service charge of S$2, while withdrawals from ATMs on the VISA Global ATM Network carry a nominal charge of S$5 per transaction.
Q11. What should I do if I lose my UOB ATM Card or UOB CashPlus Visa Card?
You should call our UOB Call Centre immediately 24-hour, toll-free at 1800 222 2121. We will cancel your lost card, and issue you a new one. However, a S$20 replacement fee applies.
Q12. Are there charges for issuing UOB CashPlus cheques?
No, as long as the amount issued is within your available credit limit.
There is a handling fee of S$40 for every returned cheque, and S$30 for each stop cheque payment instruction.
For total peace of mind, you may check your current available balance simply by accessing your UOB CashPlus account via UOB Personal Internet Banking or phone banking.
Q13. What happens if I run low on cheques?
UOB will automatically mail you a new UOB CashPlus cheque book when you have 10 cheques remaining in your cheque book. If you would like to request for a new cheque book, just visit your nearest UOB Group Branch. You may also use our phone banking service to request for one.
Q14. What if I lose my UOB CashPlus cheque book?
You should call our 24-hour UOB Call Centre at 1800 222 2121 immediately to place a stop payment on your cheque(s) so as to prevent fraudulent use, and arrange for an immediate replacement of your cheque book. Please note that a service charge of S$30 will be levied.
Q15. How is the UOB CashPlus interest calculated?
Interest is calculated daily by multiplying the daily outstanding balance by the annual rate that is divided by 365 days. The total interest will be reflected in your monthly Statement of Account.
Interest will continue to incur until repayment of the full amount into the UOB CashPlus account. Kindly note a minimum interest charge of S$5 per month applies.
Q16. How much do I have to pay monthly?
You may choose to service only the minimum amount payable stated in your monthly Statement of Account. The minimum sum payable is calculated based on the following table:
||Minimum Sum Payable
|Less than S$30
||No payment required
|S$30 - S$1,200
|More than S$1,200
||2.5% of outstanding amount plus excess if applicable
Kindly make your payment in Singapore dollars.
If you wish to check the exact outstanding amount payable, you may call us at 24-hour, toll-free at 1800 222 2121. Our friendly customer service officers will be happy to assist you.
Q17. How do I make my payment?
- Cheque Payment - Cheques should be crossed and made payable to your own name (in accordance with your CashPlus Account). Please indicate your CashPlus Account number and the payment amount on the reverse side of your cheque and Payment Advice. You can download and print your own business reply envelope at uob.com.sg/bre
- Cash - Cash payment is accepted at any of our local branches or Cash Deposit Machines. Please allow at least one working day for your CashPlus Account to be credited when cash payment is made.
- Funds Transfer to UOB CashPlus account performed after 10pm or on a Sunday and public holidays will be reflected as the next business day’s transaction in your account statement.
- UOB Phone Banking/Internet Banking/UOB ATM - Payment may be made by UOB Phone Banking service at 1800 22 22 121 (24-hour) or Internet Banking at www.uobgroup.com with a UOB Savings/Current account or at any UOB ATMs islandwide.
Q18. Do credit balances in my UOB CashPlus Account earn me daily interest?
No interest is payable on credit balances in the UOB CashPlus account.
Q19. How does UOB phone banking service meet my needs?
With our 24-hour phone banking service, you may perform a variety of banking transactions such as:
- Check on your account balance
- Transfer funds between your linked UOB accounts and 3rd party UOB accounts
- Request for a Statement Of Account
- Enquire on your cheque status
- Request for a new cheque book
- Stop payment on your cheque
- Enquire about your account transactions
- Change your phone banking Access Code and PIN
- Find out about the latest promotions on UOB products and services
- Request fax-on-demand on UOB products and services.
Alternatively, you may like to speak to our friendly customer service officer for assistance.
Q20. How do I access my UOB CashPlus account via the Internet?
- Log on to uob.com.sg with your UOB Personal Internet Banking Username and Password. You may carry out the following transactions:
- View your latest transactions and balance
- Make immediate and scheduled funds transfers of up to two years, to your UOB accounts, third-party accounts or other bank accounts
- Make immediate and scheduled bill payments of up to two years, to over 80 billing organisations (SingTel, M1, StarHub, SP Services, Town Councils, country clubs, etc)
- Enquire about your cheque payments
- Stop cheque payment…… and many more