Internationalisation Finance Scheme
The Internationalisation Finance Scheme (IFS), administered by IE Singapore, is designed to help Singapore-based companies expand their operations overseas and internationalise successfully.
Types of Loans
The IFS loan can be used for one or more of the following purposes associated with overseas investment:
- To purchase or construct factories or buildings (including land)
- To purchase other fixed assets such as machinery
- To finance secured overseas projects or confirmed overseas sales orders
The acquisition of the above assets must be for overseas projects that will generate economic spin-offs for Singapore.
Banker’s Guarantee for the issuance of guarantee facilities for secured overseas projects for the following purpose:
- Advance payment guarantee
- Performance guarantee
- Tender / Bid bond guarantee
Issuance of Banker’s guarantee must relate to and be backed by evidence of specific secured overseas projects. In the case of tender/ bid bond guarantee, it must be backed by supporting tender documentation.
|Types of Financing||Maximum Loan Period||Maximum Quantum of Financing1|
(a) Land / Factories / Buildings
(b) Other fixed assets
Maximum Loan Exposure
- Maximum loan exposure (on a group basis) shall not exceed S$15 million.
To be eligible for IFS, your business must meet the following requirements:
- Must be either a Singapore-based company or the overseas subsidiary/associate of a Singapore-based company
- For non-trading companies, the turnover shall not exceed S$300 million. For trading companies*, the turnover shall not exceed S$500 million.
* Refers to companies with more than 50% of sales turnover derived from trading
- Call +65 6539 1236
Download, and complete an application form (PDF: 267KB).
Send completed form to:
United Overseas Bank Limited
Global Business Development
80 Raffles Place
#12-00 UOB Plaza 1
Uniplus Account Rates
|Remaining Balance Above S$100,000||0.4750|