Internationalisation Finance Scheme
The Internationalisation Finance Scheme (IFS), administered by IE Singapore, is designed to help Singapore-based companies expand their operations overseas and internationalise successfully.
Types of Loans
The IFS loan can be used for one or more of the following purposes associated with overseas investment:
- To purchase or construct factories or buildings (including land)
- To purchase other fixed assets such as machinery
- To finance secured overseas projects or confirmed overseas sales orders
The acquisition of the above assets must be for overseas projects that will generate economic spin-offs for Singapore.
• To issue guarantee facilities for secured overseas projects for the following purpose:
- Advance payment guarantee
- Performance guarantee
- Tender / Bid bond guarantee
Issuance of Banker's guarantee must relate to and be backed by evidence of specific secured overseas projects. In the case of tender/ bid bond guarantee, it must be backed by supporting tender documentation.
Merger and Acquisition Financing
• To finance the acquisition of equity stakes in businesses with the intent of overseas expansion. The acquisition should synergise with their core business.
|Types of Financing||Maximum Loan Period||Maximum Quantum of Financing1|
(a) Land / Factories / Buildings
(b) Other fixed assets
|Merger and Acquisition Financing||
Maximum Loan Exposure
- Maximum loan exposure (on a group basis) shall not exceed S$30 million.
You may apply for IFS if your business meets the following criteria:
- Singapore-based company with meaningful business operations and at least 3 strategic business functions* in Singapore.
- Global Headquarter(HQ)** anchored in Singapore.
- For non-trading companies, the turnover shall not exceed S$300 million. For trading companies‘, the turnover shall not exceed S$500 million.
- Singapore-based company with meaningful business operations and at least 3 strategic business functions** in Singapore^.
- The overseas business must complement the Singapore company's core operations and result in economic spin-offs to Singapore
* Strategic business functions refer to activities such as (i) banking & financial, (ii) marketing and business planning, (iii) procurement, logistic, (iv) training & personnel management, (v) investment planning/co-ordination, (vi) R&D and design, (vii) technical support, (viii) manufacturing, and (viiii) other value-added (VA) activities.** An entity is considered to have its Global HQ anchored in Singapore where:
- more than 50% of the Board of Directors are Singaporeans or Permanent Residents of Singapore;
- the control and management of the QSE's ultimate corporate parent (the Parent) is exercised in Singapore;
- the chief executive officers of the Parent responsible for the global decisions of the Group are based in Singapore; and
- the Parent's Board of Directors meeting are held in Singapore.
Refers to companies with more than 50% sales turnover derived from trading.
All Terms and conditions must apply.
- Call +65 6539 1236
Download, and complete an application form (PDF: 267KB).
Send completed form to:
United Overseas Bank Limited
Global Business Development
80 Raffles Place
#12-00 UOB Plaza 1